Tuesday 26 March 2024

Buying new speakers

 In my last blog I talked about buying new speakers. After auditioning some alternatives, I have decided not to. The candidate speakers did not sound any better than my existing ones. One of my existing speakers shows some  slight peeling at the circumference. It is hardly noticeable by sight. The speaker still performs just a well as its twin. I like the speakers so much that I really don't want to part with them. I shall keep them until there is a noticeable deterioration in sound quality. 

All this goes to show that speaker technology has not progressed too much in the last 30 years, and it is my view that since the advent of CD technology, the quality of sound reproduction has not improved much in general. Most of the hyperbole attached to 'HD' sound reproduction is just hot air.


No comments:

Post a Comment